We comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which regulates how we collect, use, disclose, store, correct and protect your personal information.
We may process personal information including your name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number and email. Information about your computer hardware and software is also automatically processed by us when you use our website. This information can include your IP address, the type of browser you used, access time and/or how you access our website. This information is used by us improve the quality of the services offered on the website.
We may process your personal information when required by law but generally we collect personal information from you (or about you) to allow us to: supply you with tailored products, services or offers that may benefit you; improve our services; improve your experience with us; and notify you about our new products and services, discounts, promotions or upcoming events. Personal information collected or received by us will only be used for the above stated purpose.
We collect most personal information directly from you when you consent to communications from us. You provide us your information when you purchase (or enquire to purchase) products or services from us, you enquire on our products or services, you apply to work with us, you participate in our competitions, you make a refund, return or other claims, you use our website(s) or other applications, you deal with us on the phone, you write to us, or when you visit one of our stores.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information unless you want to. For example, it is your choice as to whether you purchase our products or services or receive communications from us. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide a product or service or deal with you.
When you use our website or a web browser to search for our website or products, you can set your web browser to remove or reject cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you wish to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for re-marketing, traffic, demographics and interest reporting purposes, you must download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). Removing or rejecting cookies may affect the availability and functionality of our website. Updates to your web browser may affect the functionality of the Google Analytics Opt-out add-on.
At any time you can tell us that you do not want to receive such communications from us by unsubscribing online or by contacting our Customer Service.
- for the purpose it was collected – for example, to supply products or provide services to you, to respond to you and to operate our businesses;
- if we sell all or part of our business(es) and the buyer requires your personal information;
- to enforce our legal rights or those of others;
- to prevent actual or potential fraud or illegal activity;
- or if we are required to do so by law.
In the event that your personal information is disclosed to a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Some of our suppliers, who provide services to us may be located overseas and presently our servers are located in Hong Kong，Singapore and Japan.
The classes of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data are:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any related companies and subsidiaries of the Cotton On Clothing Pty Ltd, including those established in the future;
- our business partners and online affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business such as for the provision of technology services, data storage, website hosting, marketing, operations and customer service;
- any statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we determine to be necessary or appropriate.
You may request access to your personal information processed by us by contacting our Customer Service. An identity verification exercise will be carried out to confirm your identity. A fee may be required before we provide you with access to your personal information. If your personal information is incorrect or you wish to delete the information, kindly contact our Customer Service.